Michael Singer’s book, “The Untethered Soul” was a NYT’s best seller and one of our modern age’s most transformative books in a way that is acceptable to even the materialists of our society. My energy healer advised me to read it, and I was so glad that I did!
A few lessons that I learned from “The Untethered Soul” were:
- Closing your heart doesn’t really protect you from anything; it just cuts you off from your source of energy.
- The only thing you really want in life is to feel enthusiasm, joy, and love. These carry the high energy.
- Love can heal you and those around you, so keep your heart open with the light energy flowing.
- Welcome all of life without judgment.
- Fear cuts off your energy, and its opposite is freedom and liberation. Fear is the lowest vibration. fear is the cause of every problem. the purpose of spiritual evolution is to remove the blockages that cause your fear. Self-consciousness, jealousy, insecurity, anxiety — they are all fear.
- Do the opposite of contracting and closing which is relax and release. Relax your shoulders. Relax your heart. Let go.
- When you’re happy, your heart feels open and the energy rushes up inside of you. When you aren’t happy, your heart feels closed and no energy comes up inside.
- Anything you put out comes back.
- When you get triggered, let it pass through. It’s easier to let it go right away than later.
- If you live life without clinging or resisting, love energy flows through your whole being, and the more open you are the more it flows. This is the highest state of being.
- As you get clearer, life’s events will seem to unfold in slow motion. When you are in the Tao you are always present. Life becomes simple. There is an invisible thread that passes through everything. All things move quietly through that center balance. It is complete peace. All forces are in harmony. Nothing is personal. You are merely an instrument in the hands of the forces, participating in the harmony of balance.
- Remain open and receptive to life. Staying open is what the great saints and masters taught. that God is joy, ecstasy, and love. If you remain open enough, waves of uplifting energy will fill you heart. If you learn to stay open at all times, great things will happen to you. Affirm that all you want is to be at peace and to appreciate life.
- God wants us to be happy – a name of god is eternal conscious bliss, ecstasy. If you want to be close to God, learn to be joyful.
Singer’s message is ALL ABOUT surrender. He finds many ways and many examples which are pointing towards letting go and surrendering. Meditate upon surrender and your spiritual world will open up.
This message jives with the Franciscan movement of living in poverty and owning nothing from Francis of Assisi and the Poor Clare’s. This message jives with gurus who tell us to live in the moment as if there is no past or future. This message jives with guided meditations that tell you to put all your worries and troubles in a box as you prepare to relax into meditation.
Grasping the idea of surrender is one thing, but doing it is another. There are many layers of surrender (or baggage that we carry) without knowing we carry it. Unraveling our baggage takes time and patience. Sometimes it takes a crisis or a tragic event.
In this Michael Singer interview by Tami Simon, of Sounds True, he specifies some of the insights that are harder to grasp or seek.
In the ending of the interview, he also eloquently answers questions about the spiritually wrong activism of today and explains why.